In order to maintain a high level of training for our existing members, we do not allow visitors to our standard classes. For anyone interested in watching a class, learning more about us, or joining us on the tatami to train, we have Open Sessions. Before joining us for one of these, we request that you:
- Review and be familiar with all information on this site (particularly the Etiquette for Visiting the Dojo.), the Hombu site in Japan, and Koryu Primer by Diane Skoss.
- Fill out the contact form below.
Theses sessions are usually held on the first Wednesday and Saturday of each month, but upcoming dates are posted on this page when scheduled. Please note:
- These sessions have a mat fee of $5 per person.
- You are welcome to attend an unlimited number of open sessions.
- The next open class is Wednesday, 4/3 from 8:00pm – 9:30pm.
- The following open class is Saturday, 4/6 from 12:30pm – 2:00pm.
Note that if you enjoy your experience and wish to join our dojo as a full member, you must attend an Introductory Course. Until you do so, you may attend as many open sessions as you wish but no other classes.
316 Dean Street, Brooklyn NY 11217 (map)
Please arrive 5-10 minutes before class time. Late arrivals may not be able to gain access to the building or dojo.